Moving to Germany

Von Auswanderern für Auswanderungswillige! Alle Fragen zu Planung und Durchführung, zu Umzug, Integration und Umgang mit den Behörden. Interessante Erlebnisse und Tipps der Expats.
Link zum Portal: http://www.schwedentor.de/auswandern-leben
Fhre Schweden: Mit Stena Line nach Skandinavien: Sassnitz-Trelleborg

Auswanderer
Schwedenfreund
Schwedenfreund

Re: Moving to Germany

Beitragvon Auswanderer » 13. April 2011 21:19

tonin hat geschrieben:
To cut to the chase I want to say that I was offered 60000 euros per year in Frankfurt. Will this be enough to support a family of four?
Do you think that the schooling system is better or worse in Germany?

What are you making in Sweden? Average family income is . 30--35 thousand per year gross, so 60 thousand is good. Keep in mind that while the tax systems are different so that the rich pay more tax and the poor less in Sweden, the bigger difference is the range in gross pay. 60 thousand per year is really high for Sweden, but not for Germany. (And at the low end one makes less than in Sweden.) On the whole, costs are . the same. It's enough money.

My kids are 5 and 1. My 5 year old goes here to kindergarten and she was . welcomed. She started to speak some Swedish after just three months.

Sounds good.

Will it be harder in Germany for a non German speaking kid to integrate or even be accepted into a state German kindergarten?

No problem with acceptance. There are many non-German kids in Kindergarten. Usually, German is the common language. Some kids don't learn German until they get to Kindergarten. Put the kids in a state-run German Kindergarten and things will be fine. It's not that expensive and many employers will cover the costs.

Right now we speak just basic German. Will it be hard to get by with only English?

It depends on where. In general, Germans speak less English than Swedes.

How is the working environment in Germany?

Depends on the line of work and where you are. In general, a bit more formal, but far from the cliches.

Is it relaxed as in Sweden or is ti more stressfull?

Depends on the line of work and where you are.
Alla dessa dagar som kom och gick, inte visste jag att det var livet.

---Stig Johansson

Auswanderer
Schwedenfreund
Schwedenfreund

Re: Moving to Germany

Beitragvon Auswanderer » 13. April 2011 21:21

Mark hat geschrieben: So this means kids will probably have to join an international school/kindergarten (if available)

This would be a bad move. Presumably, they went to a Swedish school in Sweden; put them in a German school in Germany. Don't become part of a Parallelgesellschaft.

On the plus side the summers in Germany are warm and sunny, lots of outdoor activities, including the national sports: grilling steaks, sausages and drinking beer.

And you can go to a public sauna with your wife and won't have to wear anything.
Alla dessa dagar som kom och gick, inte visste jag att det var livet.

---Stig Johansson

Zurück zu „Auswandern“